Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Latest moleskine

Peacocks 
 Above: Latest painting in my moleskine.
Acrylic, ink, and colored pencil on paper

I have been attempting to focus on working quickly and a bit more loosely in my sketchbooks. (I spent about an hour and a half on this painting.) I recently received my sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project 2012. I am toying with the idea of exploring a bird theme of some sort, within the framework of my official theme. I seem to procrastinate and lose my first choice of themes each year. However, I then realize that my second (or third) choice offers much more opportunity for growth, being that I have fewer preconceived notions and/or plans. I often have a phrase or vague idea running through my mind as I work, and just allow it to unfold as it will. "Sometimes home is not a place, but a person," ran through my mind while working on this piece. So, more than a theme, or animal, this piece in my moleskine was inspired by my own home- my husband.